The Mr. & Mrs.

The Mr. & Mrs.

Little Miss #1

Little Miss #1

Little Miss #2

Little Miss #2

The Little Mister

The Little Mister

Monday, July 28, 2008

Now that school is finally over with I finally have some time to work on the baby's room. I've always wanted to get those wooden blocks to spell out her name, but after looking everywhere i couldnt find a font that i liked and I didn't want to pay $30 either, so i decided to make my own. I found a font i liked on the internet and my moms friend cut it out the letters for me. So for the last couple of days i have been sanding and painting the letters to make them look cute. Here is the before:
And here is the after. I painted them pink and purple and then tied and glued ribbons to the back to hold them up. This picture kind of makes them look funny, but in real life they look really cute on the wall. It was fun making them, and in the end i spent less than $10!
Greg was nice and helped me hang them and space them out, we just cant decide if we should leave them spaced how they are or move them closer together, so if you have any input let us know!




4 comments:

The Hokanson's said...

Hey! your letters are super cute! I am doing the same thing for my new baby girl. Were they pretty easy to make? I think I will probably have to just buy the ones from Walmart though because I don't have anyone who can cut them out. You made me excited to get started!

Tonya said...

Looks great Kacey! You are so crafty! Maybe you should do more enrichment night activities. I'd vote for you!

vandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vandi said...

Hey Kacey-
this is Vandi...I just found your blog: ) You're "Brooklyn" craft is adorable...seriously. I want to try something like that for Emyri. The font is way cute. How you feeling? Not too much longer! You're are going to love to meet her for the first time...it's the best: ) Take care!

oh yeah, our blog is vdubsblog.blogspot.com