The Mr. & Mrs.

The Mr. & Mrs.

Little Miss #1

Little Miss #1

Little Miss #2

Little Miss #2

The Little Mister

The Little Mister

Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Tribute

This past week our family lost a very special member of our family. My Grandpa Wolfley passed away last Wednesday night after a long and valiant battle with diabetes and various other health problems. He had been in the hospital for about a week when Greg, Brooklyn and I were able to go and see him, one last time. While we were at the hospital my grandpa took a turn for the worse and by Wednesday night he passed peacefully away with his family by his side. I had a very special bond with my grandpa, he was like a second father to me and I love him very much. All of my life I was very close to both him and my grandma, and so losing him was a very big shock. He was such great person and taught me so many things throughout my life. I am sad that Brooklyn won't get to grow up knowing her great-grandpa tex but she will know of his life and legacy! Even though we will all miss my grandpa so much, I am thankful that he is not sick and in pain and suffering anymore. I am so thankful for the knowledge that the gospel gives to us of life after death and that families can be forever! I am thankful for this gospel and for the comfort and strength it gives to me when times get hard. I will miss my grandpa so much, but I know that he is in such a better place, and now he can watch over me and my little family as we go throughout our lives.
This is one of the only pictures we have of Brooklyn and my Grandparents
It's amazing to me to see how the Lord has a hand in all things. Just a week before my grandpa died, we happened to learn how to do funeral flowers in my class, and because of this I was able to do the flowers for my Grandpa's funeral service. It was a great experience being able to do this for my grandpa, it meant a lot to me and I am thankful for the opportunity. I know that my grandpa was there with me while I made his flowers, and every once in a while his voice would come into my head saying "looks good sis!" I know that he was watching me!
Here are just a few pictures of how the flowers turned out




We love and miss you Grandpa, and we can't wait to see you again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. What an awesome gift to be able to do the flowers and that he was able to meet your little girl before he passed. Hope you are doing well!

Tonya said...

What a nice tribute!! I love it when people can put into words what they are feeling especially during tough times like this!! I'm sorry he passed away, but I love your outlook. I hope I can be as positive when someone I know and love passes away! And the flowers are beautiful!! That is fun how you learned to make them right before. I bet your teacher would have been pleased if they saw it!